Training of graduate students:
The Chairs program set the objective to train a minimum of 7 MSc and 7 PhD students in the first five year term. Below we list current students and projects:
- Jacqueline Dennett – Rare plant sampling & mitigative translocations
- Elly Knight – Monitoring nighthawks http://wild49.biology.ualberta.ca/meet-the-grad-students/elly-knight/
- Eric Neilson – Moose refuge from predation by wolves near mines in the Athabasca oil sands.
- Federico Riva – Responses of pollinators to in situ oil sands habitat fragmentation. https://sites.ualberta.ca/~lrigs/Profiles%20Students%20Fellows/Federico%20Riva%20Profile.html
- Julia Shonfield – Effects of industrial noise on owls in northern Alberta. http://wild49.biology.ualberta.ca/meet-the-grad-students/julia-shonfield/
- Daniel Yip – Understanding detection distances using automated acoustic recording techniques. http://wild49.biology.ualberta.ca/meet-the-grad-students/daniel-yip/
- Natasha Annich – Utility of Ducks Unlimited Wetland Classification for predicting amphibian distribution and abundance with an emphasis on Canadian toads. http://wild49.biology.ualberta.ca/meet-the-grad-students/natasha-annich/
- Rob Belanger – Habitat selection of Ronald Lake wood bison
- Kate Broadley – Factors affecting detection rates in carnivores.
- Thea Carpenter – Songbird responses to in situ developments in peatlands.
- Connor Charchuk – Understory retention and birds
- Laura Garland – Acoustic monitoring of ungulates and canids
- Jocelyn Gregoire – Spatial scale and human impacts on birds https://sites.ualberta.ca/~lrigs/Profiles%20Students%20Fellows/Jocelyn%20Gregoire%20Profile.html
- Anjolene Hunt – Effects of altered habitat on Canada Warbler demography. http://wild49.biology.ualberta.ca/meet-the-grad-students/anj-hunt/
- Logan McLeod – Using acoustic monitoring to evaluate Yellow Rail (Coturnicops noveboracensis) habitat selection in the boreal plains of Northeast Alberta. http://wild49.biology.ualberta.ca/meet-the-grad-students/logan-mcleod/
- Emily Upham Mills – Olive sided flycatcher ecology
- Caitlin Willier – Effects of linear disturbances on fen habitats & mitigation measures.
- Scott Wilson – Bird use of restored well pad sites in Alberta.